Who am I?

My story needs to be shared for my sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How Sweet The Sound...

Just that moment, I felt comforting warmth. How foolish I was back then as I neglected the voice. I thought it was just my conscience telling me to be calm.

That would make me nuts?! Talking to myself that way…
But then again, it was that ignorance that eventually led me to believe.

To my surprise I was calm. Look at the situation at hand, me, a 21 year old with a stroke and yet..

I could laugh and joke with the medical attendants. I finally kept my mouth shut in the ambulance when the attendant pulled out a tube and said it will be inserted INSIDE, yes INSIDE my penis! To make things worse it was a she and she was on training.

“So is this the first time you’re touching a male penis?” I asked.

Her other colleague was laughing hysterically but she just stared at me in disbelief.

She consulted her superior, “When do I stop inserting?”

Now is a good time

“Until you get to the bladder wall where there will be obstruction” he replied.

It eventually got to the wall and I knew it because there was an undeniable pain.

And so that was my first experience with the catheter. Little did I know that it hurts the most when it is pulled out!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you buddy.
    In the face of roaring lions, I shall keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Aaron....ur in a better place now....

    MELISA x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be remembered by many..

    God bless you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only wen a person have passed away after being ill for a long time then others starts to come pouring in.They will start to reminisce good old memories,giving credits to each other,saying how much he meant to them.But whre were them when he was still able to listen,see,and talk to them when he lying sick on that bed?Where were them wen his mind was still aware and needed his friends to be there by his side the most?

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless u my dear buddy. Because of you i'am able to understand the word patience and persevere. You've thought me a lot. Indirectly you have changed me to become a better person from the inside out. Not a single moment that I will forget what you've told me , Never. This 'secret' of ours will always be ours bro. God Bless u Ron... Miss u so much buddy..

    ReplyDelete